DO RENTAL PROPERTY MANAGERS HAVE ANYTHING TO TALK ABOUT?
While I was "incubating" the idea of creating an online network for property management professionals (Managers, Owner/Investors, and Vendors like yourself), my husband, Bob, asked me if property managers have anything to talk about online.
"OF COURSE they do!" I assured him. Rental Property Managers are some of the most interesting entrepreneurs I've ever met. Their backgrounds are as varied as a bag of mixed nuts (no pun intended), and they unite around elevating the ethics, service excellence, and level of professional knowledge for the whole property management industry. They are driven, devoted, and diligent in their work. They are EXPERTS in their field.
"So . . . . What will they talk about?," he asked.
Silly question, I know, but he has not been intimately involved with servicing and supporting property management professionals during the last few years, as I have. He also has not been involved with the marketing industry (like me) and so has little understanding of the value of social networking. So, I have to be patient (please . . . you be patient too).
I explained that Rental Property Management Professionals, Owner/Investors, and Property Management Industry Vendors can talk about all sorts of stuff online. Here are just a few of the examples I gave him, though I am sure you have many other reasons for deciding to join the Let's Talk Property Management community.
1. Shared Knowledge: You can ask someone a question and get an answer from a community of experienced professionals. The more tenured professionals can mentor those just getting started.
2. Industry Influence: Your constructive comments and feedback can sway the industry and further elevate the profession.
3. Build Relationships: Form and strengthen professional relationships. Network and encourage one another in professional pursuits.
4. Service and Product Referrals: Ask for testimonials and feedback before investing in new systems or service contracts.
5. Develop Your Personal and Company Brand: Gain exposure for yourself and your company. Build relationships with owner/investors who may need the management services you provide. Add links to your company website.
6. Convenience and without Geographical Constraints: Where else can you post a question at midnight and very possibly get an answer?
7. It's FREE and it's FUN.